Friday, April 15, 2011

Collector of Vintage Film Costumes (via Worn through) + more costume fashion stories

Worn Through » Interview: Nick Inglis, Collector of Vintage Film Costume:
"Nick Inglis: I have been collecting original screen worn costumes and props for the past fifteen years and it has turned into quite a passion. For me, it began with one or two costume pieces and over the years has turned into the collection it is today. I came across an old auction catalogue selling film costumes one day and literally stated, “I didn’t know that you could own things that appeared in films.” I have been hooked ever since."

      
A suit of Elizabeth Taylor’s from the 1951 film “Father’s Little Dividend”, sequel to “Father of the Bride” (1950).

    
Jack Hawkins in the 1959 version of “Ben-Hur”, and a helmet from the film.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...