Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crazy for cards #Collection of 80,000 business cards since he was 8 years old

Crazy for cards:
Quite a collection: P. M. (Doc) Koepfer shows off some of the business cards in is collection of 80,000. He's been collecting business cards since the age of six.
Kloepfer, who is known as Doc to his friends, has been collecting business cards since he was a child. His pre-signed business card identifies him as Texas Admiral P. M. (Doc) Kloepfer.

"I am an honorary admiral in the state of Texas, appointed by George W. Bush, when he was governor," he said, showing certificates naming him an Admiral in the Texas Navy and an Honorary Texan. "I asked for them - I knew they were available."

It was during a childhood train trip with his mother that Kloepfer's interest in collecting business cards began.

"The first card I got was the conductor of the train. I went and met him and he gave me his card. That was the start of it," he said. "I was six."
Related articles
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...