"Collecting by any other name would be called obsession"
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Backstage: Confessions of an Album Addict - Broward Palm Beach Music - County Grind:
Image via Wikipedia
at 11:57 AM
JJ's Auction Service: LINO LAKES ESTATE AUCTION
- Elvis autopsy instruments at auction (boingboing.net)
- Graceland: history of Elvis Presley's former home (telegraph.co.uk)
- Multiple Bubba sightings expected in 26 locations this spring/summer (preternaturalpost.wordpress.com)
- Elvis is a Super Hero (mfinocchiaro.wordpress.com)
- Long live the King (in Memphis) - Memphis, Tennessee (bootsnall.com)
- With Costume Jewels, Faux Is Fab (style.com)
- Emilio Pucci Collection of Lorna Dwyer-Carfano to be Sold by Kaminski Auctions at Vintage Couture Auction on June 4th 2011 (prweb.com)
Image by fsse8info via FlickrInterview With Robert Opie: Museum of Brands Packaging and Advertising | Suite101.com
The history of British packaging and brands including Oxo, Fry's, Perrier, MacKintosh's and many others will be discovered in a new Museum dedicated to mass-consumerism.
A final word:
"Some may consider so much apparent trivia to be so much rubbish but it is amongst the fragments of daily living that we are psychologically and socially rooted, and this is where the impulses of our society can be found."
- Google "Panda" Algorithm Update - What's Known & What's Possible (webpronews.com)
- INSPIRATION: Museum of American Packaging (artdepartmental.com)
- Really Good Packaging Explained: Top Design Professionals Critique 300 Package Designs and Explain What Makes Them Work (Amazon)
- In Focus: Packaging and Recycling: Interview with Brad Gray - Planet Ark (radioadelaidebreakfast.wordpress.com)
- Nestle Uses Packaging As A Storytelling Device (psfk.com)
- Minimalist packaging & branding (laminimal.wordpress.com)
- Laurent-Perrier at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show (interflora.co.uk)