Monday, May 9, 2011

Book collecting: Indulging in collector's mania | Mansfield News Journal | mansfieldnewsjournal.com

Ron Simon: Pardon me while I indulge my collector's mania | Mansfield News Journal | mansfieldnewsjournal.com:
[[Long article about the pitfalls and triumphs of collecting (Civil War) books for 20 years+]]

Rare booksImage by Amelia-Jane via Flickr

"... something unexpected always pops up. That's the beauty of book collecting.

Books on local history from Maine to California are worth a look, as are books about the rivers of the world, the lakes and the mountains. I recently found a neat book on West Coast volcanoes from Canada to California.

Sometimes it's a good idea to cruise through my books, read and reread, to make sure I'm not duplicating a subject. There have been a number of neat books written about the Ohio, Mississippi and Missouri rivers, but do I need another?"




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...