Monday, April 25, 2011

Beach glass: Breaking glass nicely - forum Q & A | Ask MetaFilter

Rounded glass on beach.
"I then look for interesting colored beer/wine bottles (blues, different greens, some clear and some brown, would like to find a red one). I drink/empty them, clean out, then break up the bottles to feed the rock polisher.

My problem is how to break the bottles. I've tried scoring with a glass cutter tool, with poor results (very hard to score the curved glass - the tools is meant for sheets of glass). I've tried light force (tap tap tap until it breaks), brute force (hulk smash), pin-point force (hammer a nail punch like device onto the bottle)."

[[results - wrap glass in old towel or newspaper and use a hammer or rubber mallet.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...